As I’m sure is “new news” to few, last Wednesday, members of the DKE fraternity marched with their pledges around Yale chanting slogans such as “No means yes, yes means anal.” Broad Recognition, Yale’s feminist magazine, published a scathing condemnation of the incident and the perpetrators. A Yale Daily News Editorial responded by claiming that while the incident was despicable, the Women’s Center’s response was an overreaction, serving only to perpetuate the “radical, alienating habits of years past.” Then, when there were complaints about that editorial, the Board ran one more clarification. Needless to say, it’s been a long week.
- Threatened at the Corner Store: the Men and the Milk
- From Afar, How to Use Twitter Effectively During a Crisis
- Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Cuccinelli Makes His Mark as VA Board of Health Votes for Increased Abortion Clinic Restrictions
- Why Aren’t Feminists More Calm and Rational? Calling Out Sexism and the Courage of Adria Richards
- What Everyone Doesn’t Seem to Understand About My Lack of Work/Life Balance – From a 20-something.
- RT @MaxBoot: Just as Republicans have moved further to the right than Democrats to the left, so too Republicans are more likely to engage i… 3 days ago
- RT @Ocasio2018: Double standards are Paul Ryan being elected at 28 and immediately being given the benefit of his ill-considered policies c… 3 days ago
- RT @eliseviebeck: Murder preceded by domestic violence is a reality we cannot ignore. Read this Washington Post investigation: https://t.co… 4 days ago
- RT @marceelias: The Star Tribune nails it. https://t.co/d2b9GqeGcx 4 days ago
- RT @Ocasio2018: I want to let you all know that your advocacy & protests are working. In a conversation about national security last week,… 4 days ago